Thursday, February 23, 2012
Are learning organizations the new wave of the future or this theory is going to fail like other industrial and management whim? It depends upon an organization’s readiness to commit the time and vigor to transform its conduct. Before digging into the aspect of altering organizational behavior it is pertinent to know what a learning organization is and what are the disciplines incorporated. The most significant is individual mastery which is the ability to constantly clarify personal vision, focus on energies, build up patience and see reality impartially. Team learning is an essential part of learning to focus on professional growth which involves thinking and learning collectively in an organization. Systematic thinking emphasizes upon the inter-relationships within an organization and looking on the whole rather than in individual units.
Working with mental models is another discipline of learning organizations which involves evolving and examining innovative suppositions. By building a common vision, and holding a collective picture of the future, an organization realizes the worth of focus and the faculty to meet that dream. A learning organization may start at the team level and extend the skills of factual dialogue to lead to integrated team learning. The employees of an organization will always focus on the desired prospects rather than looking back on the past and trying to fix it. That is why it is rightly said that learning organizations are frontward looking and contribute in every possible way to help their employees to learn to focus for sharp success.
The core assumptions and shared vision encourage the employees to try out new ideas and stress on their psychological progress for a continuous and hassle-free path to success. When you start a new business you can either choose to win or lose. Your commercial fate is entirely in your hands and nothing will work with you if you do not trust your wits and the people working for you. Learning organizations often choose to conduct brainstorming sessions for their employees for teaching them the techniques of mind control and self-confidence. Successful people have visualization and focus and the similar exercise goes for professionals who are engaged to turn the seed brought by the business proprietor into a flourishing tree! Have you ever thought, how does that happen? Despite temporary setbacks, how a learning organization does manage to keep its vision intact and defeat is never eternal. Building a creative business needs a plan and perseverance to carry it with a team with diverse levels of ingenuity and deliberation.
The power of positive thinking is another mind power technique to help you get the things you want in life. This will also enhance your health and even your spiritual and emotional growth.
Remember that the impact of positive thinking will change your life for the better. This means that you need to erase the negative aspects in your mind. Your mind should stay focused and think of the positive things that are already happening in your life.
However, how are you able to erase the negative thoughts that run through your mind? Well, the first thing you need to do is to search for the main cause of negativity in your mind. Once you have “located” it, think deeply and look within you. Once you have found the answers to these negative thoughts, vanish it by empowering your mind with your positive thinking. With this, you are able to eliminate the negative images in your mind and you can move forward towards achieving your goals in a positive way.
To further enhance your positive thinking, consider these steps and be on the road to success in attaining your goals in life.
Step 1 – Have a Positive Mindset
Prior to having a positive mindset, you have to stay healthy physically and mentally. This means that you have to eat well, have a healthy exercise, mentally and physically by reading books that relates positive ideas and by exercising every day. This way, you are already implementing positive actions.
It is also a good idea that you forgive yourself. Don’t be hesitant in doing this since you are only holding back. Once you hold back you are not yet ready to have a positive mindset since you still have negative aspects you need to conquer.
Once you forgive yourself, you also need to give credit to yourself as well. In this way, your mind has been cleared from the “perils” of negativity and you can move on with a positive mindset and with this, you can get what you want. You also have to visualize positively and think of happy thoughts and positive images to help you attain your goals.
Step 2 – Positive Concentration
Having a positive concentration means you have to meditate positively. Erase all the negative aspects that are “bombarding” your mind. Be still and meditate deeply. Just relax and search deeper towards the positive things that will happen in your mind.
Believe in yourself and don’t just dwell on negativity. Even if you think you have done wrong, don’t well on that aspect. Just concentrate and clear your mind.
Another positive concentration in which you can apply for you to have positive thinking is to enhance yourself spiritually by praying fervently. Regardless of your religion, you also need to pray. This is to relax your mind. Just make sure that you are in a quiet place once you pray and by doing this, your mind will be relaxed and positive things will “enter” in your mind because you are inspired by your religious beliefs.
It is also a great idea to speak positive words. Once you concentrate on positive speeches, you will eventually be skilled in having a positive attitude as well.
Remember that it may take you some time to concentrate on having a positive mind since you need to learn how to take away the negative aspects that may “boggle” your mind. Just be patient and resist negative thoughts.
Step 3 - Pull Your Desires with Your Positive Mind
Pulling your desires using your positive mind is just like a magnet wherein you are making your desires happen “physically”. Well, how are you able to do this?
Firstly, you have to believe. It is a fact that you have to believe in yourself positively. You also have to believe that your dreams will truly happen. This is the reason why you have to believe that you can draw out (in your mind) the things you want to achieve and this will surely happen.
You can also use your positive mind to monitor all your actions and emotions. With this, you are assuring that your actions are done effectively and your desires are achieved
Creative visualization is another type of mind power technique wherein you are also empowering your mind to get what you want. This kind of mind technique has also been implemented by other religions (in a spiritual way) such as Hinduism to attain them spiritual enlightenment. One thing is for sure with creative visualization, you are to picture in your mind the things you really wanted. Although you can say that most of the time you are picturing in your mind materials things, it can still be attainable if you practice visualizing these things. Also, you can visualize your success regardless of your profession.
Now, to enhance creative visualization, here are some of the steps you can consider and apply.
Step 1 – Empower Visualization
It is important that you empower and enhance your visualization techniques. Even if you are a student, a professional or an ordinary person, you can surely visualize using your imagination and get what you want.
For instance, you are a professional athlete (swimmer); all you have to do now is to implement your creative visualization by thinking about having a perfect stroke as you swim. As you practice your swimming techniques, you are visualizing your stroke techniques and with this, you are mentally training your muscles to make it stronger and have the perfect stroke.
Another example is visualizing about your dream car. The first thing you need to do is to visualize the brand, the model and the color of the car you want. As you do your daily task or work, you can repeat visualizing the car you want. With this, you are inspired in your work since you have a goal to reach and this is by having your very own car.
Step 2 – Be in Control
Although you can surely say that you can apply creative visualization, you also need to be in control of your thoughts. Don’t ever let the negative aspects enter in your mind since this will only “cloud” your creative visualization.
Remember that as you implement creative visualization, you are also empowering your body. This is the reason why your action should also be one with your visualizations.
Just think of the law of attraction wherein you are thinking about your positive goals and at the same time the things around you will also complement with what you are thinking.
You also need to stay focused my friend. Use the power of your mind and be in control. Although sometimes, you are unable to say the things you want but by using your creative visualization, you can even shout it out loud in your mind.
To make you in control of your creative visualization, all you have to think are happy thoughts and images. Use these happy thoughts and images to control your visualizations and this will help you eliminate or clear away the negative images that may run through your mind.
Confidence is also a must to control your creative visualization. If you don’t have enough confidence, then your imagination towards having your goals is not attained since you know that you are not that confident about your mind is still “clouded” with negativity.
Step 3 – Stimulate Visualization
It is also important that you stimulate the things you visualize. Well, if you want to make your goals happen, you have to think of better ways on how you can surely implement your creative visualization and how you are able to get the thing you want.
Now, as you wake up in the morning, stimulate your creative visualization by thinking positively. Don’t let problems run through your mind but instead wake up in the morning thinking about having a beautiful life, a beautiful environment and a new day ahead of you.
Now, you can think of happy thoughts by visualizing yourself riding on your dream car or unlocking the door of your new house. This way, you are stimulating your mind and body to achieve your goals and not just by imagining or dreaming about it.
Positive affirmations are simply right decisions in which you are acknowledging to maintain the balance of your intentions. This means affirming the things you want to do in a positive way.
Affirmation is your “guide” to provide you a clearer picture with regards to what you are thinking or to what other individuals say to you. With this, you are given the opportunity in having a fresh idea since new ideas and mental images are produced in your mind and you are simply affirming it in a positive way.
Also, affirmations are your mental guide in developing your future plans and action. Just remember to decide well and affirm the things you want to do in a positive way and you also have to be optimistic in affirming the things you want to achieve.
The good thing about positive affirmations is that you are able to draw out the true strength within you (physically and mentally) and you are utilizing this to maintain your intentions in a positive manner.
Remember that to implement your positive affirmations; you have to have a clear mind. This means you have to clear out your conscious and unconscious mind from negative images that enters in your mind. This way, your affirmations and decisions are done without hesitations.
Step 1 - How do Positive Affirmations Work
Positive affirmation works once your mind is cleared and relaxed. However, if doubts run through your mind, affirmations may not be duly be “claimed” since doubts in your mind may stop you from affirming the things you want.
You have to provide a “huge room” in your mind to make your positive affirmations work. Eliminate the stress and negativity in your mind and empower your inner strength to effectively utilize your affirmations.
Now, since affirmation can be done with a relaxed mind, you can think optimistically and you will then start building up your skills and actions to get what you’ve always wanted.
Bear in mind that positive affirmation is quite similar to creative visualization wherein you have to mentally picture the images you want using the power of your mind to confirm and achieve your goals.
As stated in the Law of Attraction, this is the only rule in the world where “like attracts like”. By creating positive vibes, you are more likely to allure positive energies all throughout your life and might as well give you high chances of abundance.
Step 2 – Manifesting Your Affirmations
Once you have affirmed the things you want in your life, you also have to manifest it positively. This means that you have to declare your affirmations without hesitations and avoid using words that are negative.
Don’t be afraid to say the things you want to achieve. Instead, use these positive affirmations as your “inspiration” to be successful.
For instance, your affirmation is about health, you don’t have to say, “I will be healthy”; instead you can say, “I am healthy”. This way, you are already affirming that you are definitely healthy.
Another example is about wealth, you can manifest this by telling to yourself, “I am wealthy” instead of “I will be wealthy”.
Now, to start manifesting affirmations, you can “utter” these ideas in your mind.
* I can get what I want
* I am beautiful
* I can forgive and forget
* I love myself
* I can change for the better
* I have time for myself
* I am one with God
* I am loved
* I am not alone
* I am respected
* I am happy
* I am a good father
* I am a good mother
* I am a good son/daughter
* I love my family
* I am wealthy
These are just some of the affirmations you can confirm using the power of your mind.
Step 3 – Implement Your Affirmations
Bear in mind that you also have to implement your positive affirmations. Meaning, don’t just say these affirmations in your mind but you also have to take necessary actions and make a move to get what you want.
Be active in a way that you are simply using your affirmations as your daily exercise or daily routines. Some of these actions to help you apply your affirmations are as follows:
1. Use a mirror – Once you wake up in the morning, you can use a small mirror or a life size one and look in front of the mirror. Using your affirmations, you can tell these to yourself by looking into the mirror.
With this, you are empowering your mind and body to go on with your daily life and with positive outcome.
Example: You are ready to work. Tell to yourself in front of the mirror, “I am happy to go to work” instead of, “I will be happy to go to work”. With this, you are already affirming to yourself that you are happy to go to work and this will surely happen all through the day.
2. Jot it – It is also an excellent idea to write down your affirmations. Make a list and read these lists of affirmations everyday to inspire you in your everyday endeavors.
3. Make it visible – You can also make your affirmations visible. You can do this by representing pictures or things that you see every day in your home or in your work.
As an example, you have a picture of the car you want. All you have to do is to place it in front of your mirror, screensaver, work table and etc. to simply affirm that you will get the car you want. The image of a car will serve as your “inspiration” in having a new car and all you have to do is to affirm it repeatedly every time you see the image of the car.
Friday, January 6, 2012
In order to create the best possible platforms of achieving success, learning the art of fostering cooperation should be learnt and exercised often. The merits of fostering cooperation should never be underestimated not disregarded as its benefits are far reaching.
Some of the recommendations that can be followed when pursuing the art of fostering cooperation are as follows:
* Consciously seeking to build good relationships that are based on addressing problems in a positive and helpful way is always well received. This is very important as it helps avoid the negative elements such as causing disharmony, discontent, and adversarial behavioral patterns.
* Whenever the opportunity presents itself, it is always proper to be as diplomatic as possible when trying to reject or address a situation that in rather unpleasant. Using common sense and good negotiation skill will help keep the general tone from becoming threatening. Being mindful of all the contributing factors before making any decisions is also advised. At all costs span decisions should be avoided.
* Finding common ground or interest is also another good way of fostering cooperation effectively. When all concerned are comfortable, the likelihood of getting them to positively participate is much better.
* Learning to keep all emotions in check and under control is definitely a good habit to form as the exercise of fostering cooperation depends greatly on everyone being able to work together unbiasly.
* Fostering cooperation should not depend solely on one level of the company’s workforce. Being able to work with different individuals from lower ranking positions to the top executives is very important in getting the job done quickly and effectively.
* Making it a conscious habit to striving to understand all viewpoints is also another way to fostering good cooperation with all concerned. Avoid having preconceived ideas and notions and instead keep an open mind as this will encourage everyone to be more open with their contributions.
A wise team leader understands the importance of acknowledging good skills and hard work of any individual. This can be the single most important factor when it comes to getting the best out of anyone. When people are appreciated and noticed, their inner self feels the need to further excel in whatever they pursue.
There are several ways of showing affirmation and encouragement. Some maybe more proactive than others, but the important thing is not in how it is acknowledged but that it is acknowledged. Examples of affirmation and encouragement may take the form of a simple pat on the back or as dramatic as a public accreditation.
Each should be done in a style that is befitting to the receiver and the acknowledged issue. Encouraging personal and professional growth can be done through this exercise as pointed out earlier; most people will want to work harder and more effectively if their efforts are recognized periodically.
Encouraging individual within the team to heighten their performance levels to create possible growth opportunities is also encouraging for the advancement of their careers and general well being.
Encouraging individual to further fine tune their existing skills not only benefits the individual but also the group performance and the company.
Understanding each individual’s capabilities and skills also helps the team leader better delegate the work load towards the most suitable candidates as opposed to simply and randomly allotting assignments.
Most individuals look upon this consideration as a sign of acknowledgment and respect as they are made acutely aware of the confidence the leaders have in their individual skills and contributions.
When the correct people are assigned to the correct tacks, the end results usually yield better than expected results because all concerned work harder to achieve a commonly set goal. This is probably because most people perform well when they are skillful at what they are doing.
A lot of research has been done to ascertain the influences and effectives of a small task performing group for the successful execution of an endeavor. The collaboration is measure against the individual style work method and the analysis shown is rather positive in nature.
In most cases if was found that working together allows for the pooling of ideas, heightened performance and efforts, more comprehensive judgment making , decision making, problem solving and many other beneficial and cost saving processes.
The assessment of the synergy element is the dominating factor as it denotes the objective of ascertaining the effectiveness in the performance of each individual within the realm of group interaction.
This also helps to adequately identify the weaknesses and strengths in the synergy when the performance gains momentum at different stages of the endeavor.
When this weak or strong synergy is identified then the relevant adjustments can be made to keep the endeavor on track. These adjustments which are mainly derived out of the assessments of the synergy can then produce the platform necessary to direct the synergy as and when needed for the benefit of all involved within the group exercise.
The importance of identifying this synergy element should be underestimated as the smooth functioning of all the various contributors is the results sought that cannot otherwise be attained on an individual basis.
Therefore when working with several personalities the synergy must be complimenting in order to be effective.
Within any business application this synergy identification is important as it contributes to the overall success of the project in terms of time and cost effectiveness, as opposed to working individually to attain the same results.
Everyone’s View Counts
For the purpose of effectiveness within the working group, the synergy elements must be correctly identified. When this is done then and only then can the individual begin to work effective and successfully together, though this is by no means a full proof scenario.
The idea behind this particular exercise is to ensure the best possible characteristics are matched to achieve the common goal, therefore creating the environment for a higher percentage of success.
The synergy element if properly identified will then justify the various individual being blended together to form the group. However in doing so, it should not be presumed that any and all ideas and suggestions should be simply accepted and used.
Here in lies the effectiveness of the synergy element whereby each individual within the established group is expected to and in fact required to constantly and actively participate in the endeavor at every stage of its progress.
Questioning ideas and styles should not cause any concern or friction within the group as the people chosen to work together are identified with the synergy method.
Being able to express concerns, ideas, reservations, and disagreements are all part of the progressive process towards the final goal. When the general tone of acceptance is well established, the individuals will not feel threatened or pressured to conform to the general direction of the group but instead have the confidence and assurance that each individual view will be respected as a vital contribution.
No matter how contradicting an individual’s view point maybe, it should be given due consideration as any new ideas and views may bring fresh insight to producing better results. This again reflects on and is only made possible if the correct synergy assessment has been done before the very onset of the project.
An essential part of self improvement is learning from the various encounters one is exposed to on a daily basis. Several positive attributes can be derived from these encounters which can be successfully applied in future similar situations.
This is mainly because some idea of possible outcomes are already learnt, seen or experienced. Essentially the experience only becomes beneficial if something has been learnt from the encounter.
Below are just some of the elements that can be learnt and then applied in any future circumstances to ensure better outcomes.
* When one is able to learn to apologies and yet retain some semblance of dignity, previous encounters that could have benefitted from this reaction will now be looked upon as a good learning curve.
* Learning to adjust one’s expectations based on previous encounters will allow the individual to better relate to other people with certain shortcomings. It will also enable to individual to control the urge to be a perfectionist and expect the same from those around.
* Understanding the whys and hows from past encounters also keeps the individual from making the same mistakes. However if the mistake is repeated than the individual is better equipped to deal with the situation and its consequences.
* Learning from past encounters is also a great way of turning an unpleasant experience into a workable and perhaps even beneficial opportunity. The wisdom gained from the encounter will give the individual the edge needed to take better calculated risks if the need arises.
Most successful people may not be very knowledgeable but when they speak they come across as so because of the confidence levels evident in the way they present themselves and in their speech. Speaking confidently definitely creates the platform for respect and attention which is very important when one is trying to make a point. Confidence is something that should be mastered is one expects to be taken seriously in any situation.
Being able to speak confidently does not necessarily mean being very knowledgeable in a particular subject though it does not hurt to be so. More importantly one needs to be able to show the said confidence in a convincing manner that gives an aura of authority that should be questioned.
When the art of speaking confidently is suitable achieved, the individual will be able to command the attention of almost anyone at anytime with little or no effort at all.
People who are able to speak confidently are often admired and the information being presented is also often simply accepted without question. This is mostly due to the body posture and strength behind the vocal delivery which exudes confidence.
In order to be able to speak confidently an individual must have as much relevant information as possible. In some cases the need to “practice” before making the presentation is called for but as the confidence level builds up, this need decreases accordingly.
When the information being presented is both well researched and understood by the speaker, the delivery will naturally be done with some level of confidence. This is probably due to the fact that the speaker is more that capable of addressing any questions and concerns regarding the said information presented.
Being involved in as many situations as possible with the intention of practicing the portrayal of confidence also helps to further refine this skill. Participating in vocal exchanges regularly will also help to eventually contribute to the confidence levels of an individual.
Being able to empathize and identify with people one is interacting with, usually provides the much needed edge to take the interaction to the next stage. Even being perceived as doing so has its advantages. Most relationships and interactions especially in the business world come with some level of reservations and guardedness. Therefore it is important to be able to shown the characteristic often and well.
There are several advantages to being able to empathize or identify with others and some of them are depicted below:
* By showing a little empathy towards others, the individual is able to gain the confidence and warmth that may be needed to enlist the help of others easily and effectively. When people
are able to comfortably identify with others they are more likely to go along with suggestions and be more helpful in any given situation. Work becomes more productive and better in quality too.
* Using empathy usually requires some level of love and warmth and this trait is highly respected and always sought after. People are more willing to be associated with individuals who have this quality. Team leaders are especially successful when they are able to portray some levels of showing empathy as this gives the impression of being able to identify on some level with what the other person maybe going through.
* The working environment also becomes less threatening and hostile and instead more conducive when some levels of empathy are clearly present. Individuals are more likely to voice their concerns and at the other end of the spectrum are also able to relate better to the concerns being brought up, rather than simply disregarding everything that is deemed inconsequential or unrelated.
* Personal gains are put on hold for the betterment of others when an individual is able to experience empathy from being able to relate better to the unfortunate situation at hand.
It is always easier to embark on something when there is tangible goal in mind. Working towards this can not only be done in a systematic manner but can also have a higher level of success rate attached to it. This element of probable success is an element most sought after when venturing into any foray.
Having a fair idea of what is needed, what is desired and the eventual outcome is instrumental is several different areas that are normally addressed at the onset stages of an endeavor.
Issues such as manpower, expertise, equipment, time frames, budgets and many other related matters have to discuss and accessed once the desired outcome is clearly outlined. Tailoring all these elements to ensure the originally desired outcome is reached as adequately as possible is one of the most important items that most planning process takes into account.
Other aspects that are often considered when exploring the possible outcome scenarios is the ability to create allowances that can be applied should the need arise so as not to derail the expected outcome too much.
If an individual or group is unable to clearly identify the desired outcome for any plan, then working out the step by step process to achieve the said plan cannot be done properly, therefore the importance of knowing or having a specific outcome expectation in place is vital.
Also because the desired outcome is clearly outlined a check and balance format can also be drawn up and studied from time to time through the course of the endeavor. Adjustments and improvements can be easily made if the desired outcome is easily understood by all involved. With a clear picture in mind as to the outcome expected, it is also easier to work wise and effectively towards achieving the goal as opposed to simply working “blindly” without direction or knowledge of what the expected outcome is.
The motivation element present in the knowledge of a clearly outlined goal is also something not to be underestimated.
Often people instinctively feel the need to fight and win every battle, big or small daily. This is not only exhausting but can be so stressful that they inadvertently forget to enjoy life in general.
Every now and then, everyone should learn to make a conscious effort take a step back and examine the need to address every battle and understand that it is not always wise or necessary to get involved, and that walking away may just be a better solution. Learning to wisely discern which battle to fight is explored in the following points:
* Patience – often a virtue most people are unable to master. Though it has been popularly noted that older or more experienced individual are better able to exercise this virtue when it comes to the question of choosing the battles to fight. When patience is exercised, things may be worked out without actually having to participate in any “battle”.
* Learning to be more accepting and letting go of rigid mindsets allows an individual the freedom of not having to be judgmental and easily provoked. Because of this more accommodative mindset, some battles are easier to overlook and thus reducing the constant need to control everything.
* Avoid getting involved in matters that either doesn’t concern the individual or where the individual’s knowledge is limited. Getting involved when ill equipped only brings about confusion and problems that eventually make an originally small matter become something that is blown out of proportion.
* Weight all possible repercussions and consequences before taking on any battle. Without doing this simple yet extremely important and beneficial exercise, the individual may find that the battle is all consuming and damaging both mentally and physically and may be even financially unsound.
* Questioning the intention and merits of getting involved in the battle is also advised before actually embarking on what may well be a useless waste of time and effort.
One of the skills worth knowing and exercising is the art of persuasion. There are several tactics, formats or ideas that can be successfully applied to master the art of persuasion and here are just a few of them:
* Starting out with an understanding approach or attitude is perhaps one of the better ways of putting the other party at ease immediately. Being seen as relating to their predicament helps to build the platform of comfortable acceptance and openness. Reflecting some of the characteristics of the other party also helps to build trust as then the sense of really understanding is perceived.
* Providing an atmosphere that is both friendly and inviting is also another good way to increase the percentage of successful persuasion. Little things like making sincere compliments can sometimes be the extra ingredient that makes the persuasion technique more believable. People who feel worthy often are more willing to go the extra mile to please.
* Being able to provide compelling and substantiated evidence certainly elevates the chances of successfully persuading someone to do anything. Making sure of course that the evidence or claims is verifiable thus also ensuring a good and bankable reputation in the process.
* Providing practical guidelines and plausible solutions also helps the persuasive argument to gain support. When designing proposals that need persuasive arguments, ensure that all
material linked to the argument are well prepared and error proof. Being well prepare is always an admirable quality and definitely a good persuasion tool. Confidence is also another quality that goes well when using the persuasion technique. A confident person is taken seriously and respected for his or her opinions.